Wondrous Beef Stew Recipe – How To Make The Perfect Stew Every Time Home-cooked Delicacies
Beef Stew Recipe – How To Make The Perfect Stew Every Time
Beef stew is an iconic dish that has been passed down from generation to generation. It’s a simple yet hearty meal that can be enjoyed all year round. There are countless variations of the classic beef stew recipe, but with the right ingredients and techniques, anyone can make the perfect stew every time.
– 2 pounds of beef chuck, cut into stew meat size
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1/2 cup red wine
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 bay leaves
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 3 medium carrots, sliced
– 3 medium potatoes, chopped
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large, oven-safe Dutch oven or pot, heat up olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Season beef with salt and pepper.
4. Brown meat in the pot until each piece is golden brown on both sides, then remove from the pot and set aside.
5. In the same pot, sauté garlic and onions until onions become translucent and garlic is fragrant.
6. Add tomato paste and stir well to incorporate.
7. Put beef back in the pot and pour in beef broth and red wine.
8. Add bay leaves and bring to a boil.
9. Cover the pot and place it in the oven for 2 hours.
10. After 2 hours, remove pot from the oven and add carrots and potatoes.
11. Return pot to the oven and cook for another hour or until beef is tender and vegetables are cooked through.
12. Remove bay leaves and serve hot.
– Beef stew is a hearty and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed all year round.
– The perfect beef stew requires the right ingredients and techniques, such as starting by browning the beef.
– Other important ingredients include beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, garlic, onion, carrots, and potatoes.
– The beef is first browned on both sides in a pot with olive oil before onions and garlic are sautéed and tomato paste is added.
– Beef broth and red wine are also added to the pot before it is covered and placed in the oven for 2 hours.
– After 2 hours, carrots and potatoes are added to the pot and then returned to the oven for another hour, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
– The stew is then served hot and enjoyed by all ages.